Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Jesus Agenda

"Hey! I needed to see what your shirt said!" a women hollered from behind.

I had just stepped out of my local vitamin store, my back to her. Earlier that morning, I had decided to wear my Jesus is the Answer t-shirt. One of my prayers this morning was for God to give me one opportunity to proclaim Jesus today. He did.

I spun around to find a small teary-eyed woman.

"You go to Calvary Chapel don't you?"

"Yes. I do." I let my eyes roam her frowning face and took her hand in mine. "Is that where you attend?"

"No. I go somewhere else."

"Can I pray for you?"

"Yes. Please. My dog just died. Now I'm all alone. I feel so lost."

"If you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you're never alone. Do you know Him?"

She nodded.

"What is your name?"

"Ann."

I wrapped my arms around her, and prayed.

One thing I have learned over time is that we are not here for ourselves. Egos must shed. Personal agendas need to be distinguished. Believers need to be ready at the drop of a hat to serve Jesus. We should never be in a such hurry that we ignore the cry for help from someone in need, even if it means just a hug and saying a prayer.

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves, do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

Jesus was never too busy for the sick, the demon-possessed, or the people who were considered dirt back in the day. His agenda was love, mercy, grace, and salvation of mankind.


No comments:

Post a Comment